Monday, April 18, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival - Gärten der Welt


Two years ago one of the dearest friend I had in Berlin (an Italian woman married to a German diplomat), moved to South Korea.
She lived in Prenzlauer Berg, which is a basically on the other side of the city from where I live.

Of course I was very sad, knowing that I might not meet her until 2012, but soon after she had left, we ware also moving, so it was one of the many changes happening and not only the sudden loss of a friend.

Coming back to Berlin in winter 2010, I felt her absence a lot more.
In the first place I wasn't riding the train as much as I used to, nor being in her cool area to visit her.
In the second place I started feeling a bit lonely; she was really a good friend. She still is, even though we have to make appointments to talk on skype (see time difference), instead of just seeing each other.

Anyway: I am very happy for her, because - in spite of the potential danger of a nuclear attack from North Korea - South Korea is a beautiful Country; it has a very rich culture and the people are very friendly (sometimes over-friendly, maybe). I won't start talking about the delicious food (yum).

In other words: I could spend some time in Korea too. 
As for now, I find my "Little Asia" here in Berlin.
Yesterday, at the "Cherry Blossom Festival" my family and I enjoyed Korean dances, a Tae-Kwan-Do training session (kind of loud), Korean drummers and also some Korean food.

I was taking a number of pictures for my collection of "Orientalia".



On the of the most hilarious things was...a Korean duo singing "'O Sole Mio", which must be a traditional Korean song, right?
They were very good, no question!